Wednesday, August 31st, 2016
Judgment (Part 14) ***PARENTAL DISCRETION ADVISED***
You have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not commit adultery.' But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart. If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you...
Matthew 5:27-29 (NKJV)*
The lamp of the body is the eye. Therefore, when your eye is good, your whole body also is full of light. But when your eye is bad, your body also is full of darkness. Therefore take heed that the light which is in you is not darkness.
Luke 11:34-35 (NKJV)
Pornography is a lust of the eyes. 'For all that is in the world--the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life--is not of the Father but is of the world' (1 John 2:16).
Like everything media touches, this lust of the eyes has multiplied: a decency-shattering explosion that statisticians can't even measure.** The decision to look upon evil, bringing a corrupt, momentary thrill, has unleashed a legion of hellish hounds.
Porn doesn't just mess up its spectators, it shatters the lives of its performers, who are bound: some involuntarily, others by confusing circumstances, but all in degradations unspeakable. This addiction cannot be satisfied. It consumes marriages and families. Do I judge porn to be evil? Of course.
But its instigator is the devil, so we need to take our fight to its source and win it by the power of our Source. Then, we must cut off every sticky branch to get close enough to dig up the root.
Actors, models and talent for Christ: Become aware of this dark danger and take strong action steps against it.
1) Too easily, kids click on bad sites, destructively shocking their senses. Get internet filtering software. Get filters for TV channels, too.***
2) Jesus said to avoid temptation. If you are tempted by this eye lust, steer clear from people, places and things drawing you into this growing pit.
3) If you've already fallen into it, confess, repent. A lifeline will come. Our Lord honors sincere contrition. Next step: find a godly counselor.****
4) I believe demons are real and here, because Jesus showed us they were real. I urge those who feel afflicted to check out deliverance ministry.
To Be Continued...
* Short article by Randy Alcorn: Should We Literally Gouge out an Eye That Causes Us to Sin?http://www.epm.org/blog/2012/May/18/should-we-literally-gouge-out-eye-causes-us-sin
** Enough is Enough, Pornography Overview: http://enough.org/stats_porn_industry
** 2015 Pornography stats: http://www.churchmilitant.com/news/article/2015-porn-stats-show-alarming-trends1
*** The Best Internet Filters, Top Ten Reviews: http://www.toptenreviews.com/software/security/best-internet-filter-software/
*** TV filters: https://www.fcc.gov/consumers/guides/v-chip-putting-restrictions-what-your-children-watch
*** TV filters: http://www.xfinity.com/corporate/customers/parentalcontrols.html
*** TV filters: http://www.timewarnercable.com/en/tv/features/on-screen-guide.html#parentalcontrols
**** I suggest asking your pastor and/or do your own research into the best means of godly treatment, delivery from this addiction and the demons behind it. http://www.aplaceofhopechristiancounseling.com/treatment-programs/addictions/
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the Judgment series.