Wednesday, January 8th, 2014
Acting School (Part 8)
The Administration's Commitment
For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, from Whom the whole family in Heaven and earth is named, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height--to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
Now to Him Who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.
Ephesians 3:14-21 (NKJV)
If we are in God's Royal Academy, then consider Its Administration: God is our Founder; Jesus is our Principal and Star; The Holy Spirit is our Teacher and Counselor. Their commitment to us, both individually and collectively, is beyond measure. Consider a few features:
1) They come to us: 'Behold, I stand at the door and knock' (Revelation 3:20). 'You shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you' (Acts 1:8). It's home schooling at its best.
2) We can go to Them--and be received without exception: 'All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out' (John 6:37). An open door policy is maintained.
3) We can call Them at the last minute: 'Everyone who calls on the Name of the Lord will be saved' (Acts 2:21; see Romans 10:13). Late notice is acceptable.
4) They give us an easy workload: 'Learn from Me, for I am gentle... For My yoke is easy and My burden is light' (Matthew 11:29-30). We suffer no unbearable assignments.
5) They will even carry our load: 'I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you. I will uphold you with My righteous right Hand' (Isaiah 41:10). We face no mean teachers.
6) Favoritism is non-existent: 'For there is no partiality with God' (Romans 2:11). Money is irrelevant. Appearance is superfluous. Status falls flat. Our hearts are Their primary concern.
7) Graduation is guaranteed--unless you drop out: 'For we have become partakers of Christ if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast to the end' (Hebrews 3:14). It's a pass-fail system without grades
8) They provide the ultimate school Uniform: 'For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ' (Galatians 3:27). By dressing for success, we are transformed. We become beautiful.
9) Our tuition is prepaid: 'The free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord' (Romans 6:23). That ongoing miracle preceded the opening of God's Royal Academy.
10) The Administration loves us more than Themselves. 'I am the good Shepherd. The good Shepherd gives His Life for the sheep' (John 10:11). We are those sheep. He is that Shepherd--and He became One of us to save all of us. He put His money where His Mouth was.
'And there are also many other things that Jesus did, which if they were written one by one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that would be written' (John 21:25).
In other words, the Administration's commitment to us, Actors, Models and Talent for Christ, cannot be contained in a Bible study, nor even in the Bible Itself. It overflows beyond human measure.
To Be Continued...
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the Acting School series.