Monday, April 18th, 2016
Bad Ideas (Part 19)
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
John 3:16-17 (NKJV)
Could the offenses below be labeled, unforgivable!...?
* A prophet of the Most High God going absent without leave.
* Ten big brothers selling Joseph into years of slavery.
* The ingratitude of God's children during their Exodus.
* A woman working as a prostitute in a pagan land.
* God's Own chosen people forgetting Him again and again.
* King Saul's hatred of his bravest and most noble warrior.
* David's adultery and willful murder of Uriah.
* Shimei's cursing and refusal to help his king when needed.
* King Nebuchadnezzar robbing and razing Jerusalem.
* An unmarried Jewish girl getting pregnant in Bible times.
* The ferocious menace of a naked, raving lunatic.
* Extortion and wrongful gains by a short, shrewd tax collector.
* A spunky Samaritan woman living in open sin.
* A Man's best friends running away in the worst time of His Life.
* The people of Israel crucifying God's only Son.
* A mob's unjust stoning of a righteous young man named Stephen.
* Paul's merciless persecution toward followers of Christ.
* Mankind's ongoing selfishness, sinfulness and selling out.
Through the Man named Jesus, unforgiveness is yesterday's news.
Actors, models and talent for Christ: Forgiveness is a mandate from God. He ties it to our own forgiveness, because no one on earth is sin-free.* When we begin to think we're righteous, we become like scribes and Pharisees, judging others and praising ourselves. You've seen such men within our churches.
You're called to be public examples of mercy, kindness and compassion. So embrace these roles like Jesus did. The world will change by your performance.
To Be Continued
* Previous AMTC 7-part devotion series, Unforgiveness: http://amtcdevotions.org/unforgiveness-part-1-leprosy-of-the-heart
* Other AMTC devotions to consider:
* Valiant Like David (Part 15): http://amtcdevotions.org/valiant-like-david-part-15-forgiveness
* All Things (Part 15): http://amtcdevotions.org/all-things-part-15-are-covered-by-his-blood
* The Enemy's Game (Part 18): http://amtcdevotions.org/the-enemys-game-part-18-tactics-unforgiveness
* Parent Traps (Part 36): http://amtcdevotions.org/parent-traps-part-36-overcome-by-forgiveness
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the Bad Ideas series.