Even now the ax is laid to the root of the trees. Therefore every tree which does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
Therefore bear fruits worthy of repentance...
When you produce much fruit, you are My true disciples. This brings great glory to My Father.
I deeply want to be a fruitful saint.
We should all consider our fruitfulness-- because being fruitful glorifies God, while being fruitless invites a sharp cut.
First, think of some 'fruit' God isn't into:
* High degrees and big titles aren't His thing.
* He's not interested in our bank accounts.
* Great mansions and cool cars are just trinkets.
* Our business accomplishments mean nothing.
* Church busyness is like leaves without fruit.
* Church worldliness feeds the world, but not lambs.
So what is the fruit God wants us to bear? It's the fruit born only through His Spirit:
'The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law' (Galatians 5:22-23, NASB).
Consider some qualities of this fruit:
* This fruit isn't natural to humans.
* His Spirit plants seeds, but we must tend them.
* They require Son-Light and Living Water.
* Diligently, we uproot evil weeds,
* Like pride, lust, envy, hatred and complaint.
* God wants us to share His fruit with others.
Because offering such wonderful fruit to hurting people in desperate need... is how we help them and glorify God. This life-changing fruit will survive God's fires (which He designed to test our earthly work).
Only works of the heart are eternal.
## Bearing Fruit (Part 11)
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the Bearing series.