Pilate therefore said to Him, 'Are You a king then?' Jesus answered, 'You say rightly that I am a king. For this cause I was born, and for this cause I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My Voice.'
Bearing (as a verb) is a Bible theme: bearing-- as in birthing, yielding, holding, supporting, enduring and abiding; assisting, suffering and sustaining.
Jesus wrote the Book on bearing-- God's way. Then He illustrated It, in Person. Consider His birth by way of Mary. Surely she suffered as most women do. We quickly forget because of the joy!
But think what Jesus gave up to be born. Voluntarily...
* He reduced Himself from the royal Prince, living in a place of ceaseless delight.
* He obeyed His Father's toughest Order. He subjected Himself to God and men.
* On our behalf, He chose to be mortal: not just a Man, but a helpless Infant.
* He lived without His marvelous powers and bore down deeply for thirty long years.
* He was baptized and received the Spirit, so He could be our perfect Example.
* He bore abuse and finally, the Cross: an undeserved, brutalizing torment.
* He chose to bear everything we couldn't. To Him, even more unbearable was...
To spend an eternity without us!
## Bearing: God's Way (Part 1)
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the Bearing series.