No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, Who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.
Temptation comes from our own desires, which entice us and drag us away.
Pray that you may not enter into temptation.
Just as each of us received unique gifts, so each of us face unique temptations: ways to thrill, fill and soothe our hurting souls...
* Maybe money because we feel worthless
* Maybe power because we feel helpless
* Maybe affairs because we feel unloved
* Maybe titles because we feel common
* Maybe beauty because we feel ugly
* Maybe shopping because we feel lacking
* Maybe fame because we feel insecure
* Maybe food because we feel so empty
* Maybe thrills because we feel dead inside
* Maybe highs because we feel downtrodden
* Maybe booze because we feel like failures
* Maybe gangs because we feel forsaken
Yet every Christian knows the only One...
Who brings us true joy, instead of cheap thrills,
Who fills our souls to perfect completion,
Who dries our tears and heals our injuries.
Regarding temptations, He advises:
1) To know the source and goal of temptations
2) To avoid temptations if we're able
3) To stay calm as He shows us a way out
## Bearing Temptations (Part 5)
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the Bearing series.