A true witness delivers souls...
For it is the God Who commanded light to shine out of darkness, Who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the Face of Jesus Christ.
You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.
Actors, models and talent for Christ, what are your
many godly attributes? Of the 28 we listed for Joseph, Moses, Daniel and Esther, countless others would be true as well. They were stars for God before Jesus, but aren't stars needed now just as much? Or more?
Consider American Christians as a group, because that's how the outside world considers us. In general:
1) Are we taking our light to the world, or keeping it covered in churches?
2) Are we multiplying God's talents, or burying them by fear or doubt?
3) Are we seeking the lost and lonely, or seeking material comforts?
4) Are we living humbly like Jesus, or living grandly like the world?
5) Are we going unto all nations, or playing it safe with home town friends?
6) Are we trying to help the helpless, or focusing on helping ourselves?
7) Are we gently correcting our kin, or judging the sins of outsiders?
8) Are we riding on simple donkeys, or racing around in chariots?
9) Are we spending time in the Bible, or depending on the words of men?
10) Are we carrying crosses daily, or turning them into jewelry?
If the face of Christianity in America needs a lift, then only FaceTime with King Jesus can perform that operation. Before actors, models and talent for Christ can become stars of light, we must stand in front of our mirrors to make sure we're reflecting Him.
To Be Continued...
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the Deliverance series.