Deliverance (Part 48)
Then the seventy returned with joy, saying, 'Lord, even the demons are subject to us in Your Name.'
And He said to them, 'I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rather rejoice because your names are written in heaven.'
Luke 10:17-20 (NKJV)
Every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the Flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world. You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He Who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.
1 John 4:3-4 (NKJV)
Beloved soldiers for Christ: In the business of spiritual warfare, our commission to fight the good fight of faith, consider two things:
1) The casting out of demons is not our primary Order. Our top two Rules are loving God first and our neighbors second. Strict adherence to these Commands must precede everything else. They are the foundational training to make us seasoned saints.
'It is wonderful how much time good people spend fighting the devil. If they would only expend the same amount of energy loving their fellow men, the devil would die in his own tracks of ennui' (Helen Keller).
2) You should never fear dark forces, because they are scared of you. That is, they are afraid of God's Holy Spirit within you. 'The Sun of righteousness' (Malachi 4:2) outshone and defeated Satan. The enemy lost his powers to accuse and to destroy.*
Toward you, his forces have been reduced to huff and puff bullies. Jesus did it: He 'Disarmed the rulers and authorities' (Colossians 2:15). But as all heroes learn, bullies specialize in fear tactics. They'll tempt, taunt, rant, rave and whisper mean nothings into your ear.
1) Don't allow yourself to get focused on Satan over God. Love is your life-saving cause. Because God has never lost, and love will never fail you. Keep your eyes on your Captain.
2) God's power in you has already defeated this bully. Speak God's Words and face him down. Don't underestimate him, nor overestimate him. Satan is subordinate.
To Be Continued...
* Short article with Verses on spiritual warfare: http://www.bible-knowledge.com/do-not-fear-demons/
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the Deliverance series.