Saturday, August 15th, 2015
Deliverance (Part 6)
Bow down Your ear to me, Deliver me speedily; Be my Rock of refuge, a Fortress of defense to save me.
Psalm 31:2 (NKJV)
Is My Hand shortened at all that it cannot redeem? Or have I no power to deliver?
Isaiah 50:2 (NKJV)
When we think our enemies are too strong, our depression too deep, our disasters too great, our wrongdoings too much, our renewal too hard, our destruction too close, our circumstance too dire, we think wrong.
When we think our waiting time is too long, our loyal friends too few, our accusers too loud, our betrayers too sly, our prison bars too thick, our temptations too close, our Redeemer too far, we think wrong.
Consider some highlights of God's delivery program. He delivers us from all trouble, personal distresses, strong persecutors, evil men, violent men, unreasonable men, hateful people, and flattering seducers.*
He delivers us from perverse speakers, sinking mire, deep water, foreign hands, terrible grips, falling feet, lying lips, deceitful tongues, ugly looks, false friendships, deadly swords, lions' mouths and evil ways.*
We are freed from temptation, oppression, sin, sickness and death.* 'It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery' (Galatians 5:1).
Actors, models and talent for Christ: The things you suffered or suffer still, the afflictions born by your loved ones, the tricks and deceit of media, will cease when Jesus returns to earth.
But do we have to wait until then? Or can we have deliverance now?
'For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God. For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God' (Romans 8:19-21).
You are the sons and children of God. As freedom fighters, what is your role?
To Be Continued...
* Psalm 18:17,48: 'He delivered me from my strong enemy, from those who hated me, for they were too strong for me... You have delivered me from the violent man.'
* Psalm 54:7: 'He has delivered me out of all trouble.'
* Psalm 56:13 'For You have delivered my soul from death. Have You not kept my feet from falling...?'
* Psalm 68:6: 'God sets the solitary in families; He brings out those who are bound into prosperity.'
* Psalm 69:14 'Deliver me out of the mire, and let me not sink; Let me be delivered from those who hate me, and out of the deep waters.'
* Psalm 107:6: 'Then they cried out to the Lord in their trouble, and He delivered them out of their distresses.'
* Psalm 120:2: 'Deliver my soul, O Lord, from lying lips and from a deceitful tongue.'
* Psalm 140:1 'Deliver me, O Lord, from evil men; Preserve me from violent men...'
* Psalm 142:6: 'Attend to my cry, for I am brought very low; Deliver me from my persecutors, for they are stronger than I.'
* Psalm 144:10-11: 'The One... Who delivers David His servant from the deadly sword. Rescue me and deliver me from the hand of foreigners, whose mouth speaks lying words, and whose right hand is a right hand of falsehood.'
* Proverbs 2:12,16: 'To deliver you from the way of evil, from the man who speaks perverse things... To deliver you from the immoral woman, from the seductress who flatters with her words...'
* Jeremiah 1:8: ' 'Do not be afraid of their faces, for I am with you to deliver you,' says the Lord.'
* Jeremiah 15:21: 'I will deliver you from the hand of the wicked, and I will redeem you from the grip of the terrible.'
* Jonah 4:6: 'And the Lord God prepared a plant and made it come up over Jonah, that it might be shade for his head to deliver him from his misery.'
* Luke 4:18: 'He has sent Me to proclaim release to the captives, and recovery of sight to the blind, to set free those who are oppressed...'
* Luke 13:12: 'When Jesus saw her, He called her over and said to her, 'Woman, you are freed from your sickness.' '
* 2 Thessalonians 3:2: 'And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men.'
* 2 Timothy 4:17: 'I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion.'
* 2 Timothy 4:18: 'And the Lord will deliver me from every evil work and preserve me for His heavenly kingdom.'
* 2 Peter 2:9: 'The Lord knows how to deliver the godly out of temptations...'
* Romans 6:6-7,23: 'Knowing this, that our old self was crucified with Him, in order that our body of sin might be done away with, so that we would no longer be slaves to sin; for he who has died is freed from sin... For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.'
* Romans 8:2: 'For the Law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the Law of sin and of death.'