He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.
Seek first His kingdom and His righteousness...
Seeking God is a theme of the Bible. It's mentioned steadily and urgently.* Often, we seek God as a last resort. When we face desperate circumstances, we remember God and cry out for help. Surely, that's one reason God lets us fall. Only then do we pause from busyness, self-absorption or dull complacency. The rawness of pain helps us go deeper.
Actors, models and talent for Christ, are your priorities in order? While other performers are seeking...
1) Fame, which seems like immortality,
2) Wealth, which seems like a golden ticket,
3) Joy, which seems like drugs or alcohol,
4) Success, which seems booking big roles,
5) Romance, which seems like the love they want,
6) Great clothes, which seems like a model life,
7) Applause, which seems like satisfaction,
8) Headlines, which seem like significance,
9) Awards, which seem like validation,
You seek God first and His righteousness. Seek Him first in passionate prayer. Seek him first in His amazing Book. Seek Him first in His Son's example. Seek Him first in every decision. Seek Him first, even before your kin. Seek Him first in the eyes of strangers. Seek Him first in shepherding your fans. Seek Him first when you have a complaint. Seek Him first in heartache and glory.
Therein, God's blessings will chase you down... if you prioritize correctly.
To Be Continued...
* More Verses about seeking God: https://www.openbible.info/topics/seeking_god;
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the Do-Gooders series.