So he said to him, 'Friend, how did you come in here without a wedding garment?' And he was speechless.
I will greatly rejoice in the Lord. My soul shall be joyful in my God; for He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness.
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.
Put on the Lord Jesus Christ.
Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
In a worldly sense, dressing for success is a well-proven means of advancement. Wearing cool clothes in hot situations creates advantageous first impressions. How do you discover your own best styles? Study top designers and trend-setters within the fields you intend to impress.
Spiritually, dressing for success is essential for godly advancement. Putting on Christ in dark situations encircles you and enlightens others. How do you discover the Lord's best styles? Study the Top Designer and His Son within His How-To Book for must-have clothes.
Actors, models and talent for Christ: Consider four crucial wardrobe tips:
1) Fake it until you make it won't work. Pretenses of faith without real works expose you as naked in God's Sight.**
2) Your most crucial covering is Christ. By faith, His righteousness becomes yours, and your garments become white as snow.***
3) In the realm of spiritual war, which Christians on the move will enter, the armor of God is must-wear gear.****
4) To impress the kings of media, dress like relevant fashionistas. Be artistic but not uncovered.
To Be Continued...
* Previous AMTC 2-part Devotion Series, The Right Clothes: http://amtcdevotions.org/the-right-clothes-part-1
* Previous AMTC Devotion: Lights, Camera, Action (Wardrobe): http://amtcdevotions.org/lights-camera-action-part-3-wardrobe
** The Parable of the Wedding Feast: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=mat+22%3A1-14&version=NKJV
** 'How camest thou to presume to enter into my church, by taking upon thee a profession of my religion, and to sit down among the guests, or associate thyself with my disciples; not having on a wedding-garment?--Not having put off the old man and put on the new, not being made a new creature, not having put on the Lord Jesus Christ in holy graces and moral virtues' (Benson Commentary re: Matthew 22:12-13).
** Christ's Letter to the Lukewarm Church: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=rev+3%3A14-22&version=NKJV
*** 'According to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, Whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior (Titus 3:4-6).
*** 'Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow' (Isaiah 1:18).
**** Previous AMTC Devotion: Soldier's Orders (Combat Gear): http://amtcdevotions.org/soldiers-orders-part-5-combat-gear
**** Previous AMTC Devotion, The Armor Of God: Don't Leave Home Without It: http://amtcdevotions.org/the-armor-of-god-dont-leave-home-without-it
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the Do-Gooders series.