But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only... Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming... Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect. Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his master made ruler over his household, to give them food in due season? Blessed is that servant whom his master, when he comes, will find so doing. Assuredly, I say to you that he will make him ruler over all his goods.
When young Jesus was only twelve years old, He experienced the urgent desire to linger in Jerusalem's temple and be about His Father's business.** When His parents corrected His timing, He submitted to them, waited and grew. Yet He lived in a state of readiness.
Actors, models and talent for Christ: Consider some pause-to-ponder points emphasized in Matthew 24*** on how to prepare for Christ's return:
1) The end of the earth as we know it will follow times of tribulation. To survive these dire calamities requires life in Christ before we're hit.
2) Whether or not we're here on that Day, if we pass before our world passes, we must be ready to meet our Lord, which means any day in every way.
3) God promises a surprise return. False prophets have pretended they knew by stars, blood moons, Jewish calendars or special visions. Don't believe them.****
4) In the story of the two servants, the one who is called faithful and wise was feeding and caring for his kin on the day of his master's return.
5) The bad servant doomed to destruction was found partying with derelicts. Even worse, he was beating his kin: either bodily or in business.
Actors, models and talent for Christ: As you now enter media's fields on a mission of love and mercy, you're following your Lord's Commission. In so doing, remain confident, because you're ready for His return.
To Be Continued...
* No One Knows the Day our Hour; The Faithful Servant and the Evil Servant: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=mat+24%3A36-51&version=NKJV
** The Boy Jesus Amazes the Scholars: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+2:41-52
*** Matthew 24: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+24&version=NKJV
**** I, too, gave credence to some pastors and books and considered a worldwide calamity in 2015. In hindsight, they were wrong and I was wrong to believe them. If Jesus the Man was not given any dates, then no man living or dead will be given dates either. That being said, we can still observe the signs of the times and stay prepared for our own (either corporately as mankind or individually as saints)... to meet the Lord.
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the Do-Gooders series.