Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse the lepers, cast out demons. Freely you received, freely give.
Go into all the world and preach The Gospel to all creation. He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned. These signs will accompany those who have believed: in My Name they will cast out demons, they will speak with new tongues; they will pick up serpents, and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.
I think God still works miracles through saints,* although skepticism decreases them,** and a doubting press does not report them.
Even so, I've seen miracles myself and know dedicated missionaries who've lived in distant lands where life is hard, faith is big and wonderful things happen.
Actors, models and talent for Christ: Miracles can take different forms. Consider some ways God can use you in the entertainment industry:
1. 'Heal the sick.' The direst sickness is heart disease. When despair and hopelessness set in, when nothing seems real, right or worth it... You carry the Cure for hopelessness. If media is like a drug store, your entrance places Light on the shelf.
2. 'Raise the dead.' The Lord's Letters in Revelation*** show death can occur before we're dead, even among our kin in churches. Your rising as a light in darkness will stir up the fire in fellow saints, while raising many more to new life.
3. 'Cleanse the lepers.' Leprosy victims lose sensation. Little by little, they feel nothing.**** Think of this disease another way: 'Because lawlessness is increased, most people's love will grow cold' (Matthew 24:12). Your passion brings feeling and healing.
4. 'Speak with new tongues.' Love, joy, peace and patience are new tongues in a world darkened by violence. They're appreciated everywhere. How you speak with God is your business, but kindness is everyone's concern.
5. 'Picking up serpents' is fighting Satan, over whom you've been given power. 'Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing will injure you' (Luke 10:19).
Actors, models and talent for Christ: By the Hand and Decree of the Lord, where you go miracles will follow.
## Do-Gooders: Perform Miracles (Part 45)
* Do-Gooders (Part 30), Cast Out Demons: http://amtcdevotions.org/do-gooders-part-30-cast-out-demons
* Short, Bible-referenced article explaining and supporting cessationism: https://gotquestions.org/cessationism.html
* Slightly longer, Bible-referenced article explaining continuationism (in which I believe):
** 'He came to His hometown and began teaching them in their synagogue, so that they were astonished, and said, 'Where did this man get this wisdom and these miraculous powers? Is not this the carpenter's son? Is not His mother called Mary, and His brothers, James and Joseph and Simon and Judas? And His sisters, are they not all with us? Where then did this man get all these things?' And they took offense at Him. But Jesus said to them, 'A prophet is not without honor except in his hometown and in his own household.' And He did not do many miracles there because of their unbelief' (Matthew 13:54-58).
** 'And He could do no miracle there except that He laid His Hands on a few sick people and healed them. And He wondered at their unbelief' (Mark 6:5-6).
** ' 'Teacher, we want to see a sign from You.' But He answered and said to them, 'An evil and adulterous generation craves for a sign; and yet no sign will be given to it but the sign of Jonah the prophet' ' (Matthew 12:39).
*** The Lord's Message to the church at Sardis: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation+3%3A1-6&version=NASB
**** Previous Devotion, Leprosy Of The Heart: Unforgiveness, http://amtcdevotions.org/unforgiveness-part-1-leprosy-of-the-heart
NOTE: This series is a republished edit of a 2016 series called, 'Do-Gooders.' In these devotions, you may see notes to 'Actors, Models & Talent for Christ.' I have not changed this designation. Because in a greater sense, every disciple of Christ acts for Christ, models Christ and stewards His talents, from which God expects a profit.
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the Do-Gooders series.