Thursday, March 7th, 2019
Do-Gooders: Prioritize Correctly
Sow with a view to righteousness,
Reap in accordance with kindness;
Break up your fallow ground,
For it is time to seek the Lord,
Until He comes to rain righteousness on you
Hosea 10:12 (NASB)
He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.
Hebrews 11:6 (NASB)
Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness...
Matthew 6:33 (NKJV)
Seeking God is a theme of the Bible. It's mentioned steadily and urgently.*
Often, we seek God as a last resort. When we face desperate circumstances, we remember God and cry out for help.
Surely, that's one reason God lets us fall. Only then do we pause from busyness, self-absorption or dull complacency. The rawness of pain helps us go deeper.
Actors, models and talent for Christ, are your priorities in order? While other performers are seeking...
1) Fame, which seems like immortality,
2) Wealth, which seems like a golden ticket,
3) Joy, which seems like drugs or alcohol,
4) Success, which seems like booking big roles,
5) Romance, which seems like the love they want,
6) Great clothes, which seems like a model life,
7) Applause, which seems like satisfaction,
8) Headlines, which seem like significance,
9) Awards, which seem like validation,
You seek God first and His righteousness.
1) Seek Him first in passionate prayer.
2) Seek him first in His amazing Book.
3) Seek Him first in His Son's example.
4) Seek Him first in every decision.
5) Seek Him first, even before your kin.
6) Seek Him first in the eyes of strangers.
7) Seek Him first in shepherding your fans.
8) Seek Him first when you have a complaint.
9) Seek Him first in heartache and glory.
Therein, God's blessings will chase you down... if you prioritize correctly.
## Do-Gooders: Prioritize Correctly (Part 35)
* More Verses about seeking God: https://www.openbible.info/topics/seeking_god;
NOTE: This series is a republished edit of a 2016 series called, 'Do-Gooders.' In these devotions, you may see notes to 'Actors, Models & Talent for Christ.' I have not changed this designation. Because in a greater sense, every disciple of Christ acts for Christ, models Christ and stewards His talents, from which God expects a profit.
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the Do-Gooders series.