Wednesday, February 6th, 2019
Do-Gooders: Reset The Christian Brand
These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from Me.
Matthew 15:8 (NIV)
Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of My Father Who is in heaven.
Matthew 7:21 (NIV)
What are disciples of Christ without works of love?
1) Empty Christians? 'These are wells without water, clouds carried by a tempest, for whom is reserved the blackness of darkness forever' (2 Peter 2:17).*
2) Fruitless Christians? 'He also spoke this parable: 'A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard, and he came seeking fruit on it and found none...' ' (Luke 13:6).*
3) Worldly Christians? 'He who received seed among the thorns is he who hears the Word, and the cares of this world and the deceitfulness of riches choke the Word...' (Matthew 13:22).*
4) Lazy Christians? 'I was afraid, and went and hid your talent in the ground. Look, there you have what is yours' (Matthew 25:25).*
5) Lightless Christians? 'Behold, the bridegroom! Come out to meet him... The foolish said to the prudent, 'Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out' ' (Matthew 25:6-8).*
6) Boring Christians? 'But if the salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men' (Matthew 5:13).*
7) Covered Christians? 'You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand...' (Matthew 5:14-15).*
8) Bratty Christians? 'I, brethren, could not speak to you as to spiritual people but as to carnal, as to babes in Christ... there are envy, strife, and divisions among you...' (1 Corinthians 3:1-3).*
9) Opt-out Christians? 'A certain man gave a great supper and invited many... But they all with one accord began to make excuses' (Luke 14:16-18).*
10) Mega Christians? 'For when they speak great swelling words of emptiness, they allure... While they promise them liberty, they themselves are slaves of corruption' (2 Peter 2:18-19).*
11) Lukewarm Christians? 'I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. So then, because you are lukewarm...' (Revelation 3:15-16).*
Actors, models and talent for Christ: The Christian label has been abused. The brand of Christ has been invaded by pretenders with different goals. Or it's been hidden in snug churches. Therefore, outsiders lost interest in a sound that wasn't genuine or in harmonies they could not hear.
You've been sent to set the record straight. Not only are you legitimate, but your tune is intriguingly real. God ordered you to play to the world, and that's exactly what you're doing. Christ is heard and seen by doing good.
## Do-Gooders: Reset The Christian Brand (Part 6)
* Corresponding Verses from above:
1) Destructive Doctrines and False Teachers:
2) The Parable of the Barren Fig Tree:
3) The Parable of the Sower (or Soils):
4) The Parable of the Talents:
5) The Parable of Ten Virgins:
6,7) Believers are Salt and Light:
9) The Parable of the Great Supper:
10) Deceptions of False Teachers:
11) Christ's Letter to the Lukewarm Church:
NOTE: This series is a republished edit of a 2016 series called, 'Do-Gooders.' In these devotions, you may see notes to 'Actors, Models & Talent for Christ.' I have not changed this designation. Because in a greater sense, every disciple of Christ acts for Christ, models Christ and stewards His talents, from which God expects a profit.
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the Do-Gooders series.