Sunday, September 18th, 2011
You will also declare a thing, and it will be established for you; So light will shine on your ways.
Job 22:28 (NKJV)
Words carry supernatural power. 'Death and life are in the power of the tongue' (Proverbs 18:21).
We speak what we are. 'For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks' (Luke 6:45).
We evolve daily, for better or for worse, by our choices. 'I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live' (Deuteronomy 30:19).
Speak life. 'It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are Spirit and are life' (John 6:63).
How do we tap into God's power and learn to speak His faith-filled Words?
1. Understand the fight. 'My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge' (Hosea 4:6). The enemy does not want you to know God's Words, so learn them.
2. Get armed. 'What a Word this is! For with authority and power He commands the unclean spirits, and they come out' (Luke 4:36), 'For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword' (Hebrews 4:12).
3. Pray. 'I was speaking, praying, and confessing my sin and the sin of my people Israel, and presenting my supplication before the Lord my God' (Daniel 9:20). Pray alone. Pray in fellowship. 'Pray without ceasing' (1 Thessalonians 5:17). Pray in thanks and reverence.
4. Speak Scripture out loud. Use Job 22:28 or any verse that calls to you. Begin with these words, 'It is written...". Then apply God's Word.
5. Add your personal request. Speak as if it is already done--because in God's timing, it is.
6. Defer to God's plan. Make your request secondary to His perfect will. 'Thy will be done' (Matthew 26:42). If He doesn't think it's a good idea, it's not.
7. Conclude your prayer of faith invoking the authority of the Lord Jesus Christ: our Priest, Redeemer, and Advocate in Heaven.