Monday, February 27th, 2012
Fear The Lord (Part 4, Conclusion)
Who is the man that fears the Lord? Him shall He teach in the way He chooses. He himself shall dwell in prosperity, and his descendants shall inherit the earth.
Psalm 25:12-13 (NKJV)
We receive immeasurable benefits from our whole-hearted fear of the Lord, because God gives back to us in exceeding abundance. Rewards include:
1) Generational blessings: 'And His mercy is on those who fear Him from generation to generation' (Luke 1:50).
2) Long life: 'The fear of the Lord prolongs days' (Proverbs 10:27).
3) Mercy: 'For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is His mercy toward those who fear Him' (Psalm 103:11).
4) Provision: 'O fear the Lord, you His saints; for to those who fear Him there is no want' (Psalm 34:9).
5) Favor: 'The Lord favors those who fear Him' (Psalm 147:11).
6) Food: 'He has given food to those who fear Him' (Psalm 111:5).
7) Fulfillment, attention, and rescue: 'He will fulfill the desire of those who fear Him; He also will hear their cry and save them' (Psalm 145:19).
8) Angelic protection: 'The angel of the Lord encamps all around those who fear Him, and delivers them' (Psalm 34:7).
9) Confidence: 'In the fear of the Lord there is strong confidence' (Proverbs 14:26).
10) Healing: 'But to you who fear My name the Sun of Righteousness shall arise with healing in His Wings' (Malachi 4:2).
Actors, models, and talent for Christ, receive the summary of your script: 'fear the Lord.' Learn it well. Rehearse it daily. Perform it in the drama that moves lives toward God, especially your own. Prepare for the Star's arrival, and you will rise with Him at the finale.
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the Fear The Lord series.