Go through, Go through the gates! Prepare the way for the people; Build up, Build up the highway! Take out the stones, Lift up a banner for the peoples!
Set up signposts, make landmarks; Set your heart toward the highway.
Actors, models, and talent for Christ: don't be too concerned about finding your way. If you seek God with your whole heart, He will guide you. Be more concerned for everyone else. To help them, follow God's Word to the letter:
1) 'Go through, go through the gates.' Leave the gates of home. Enter the gates of Hollywood. You are God's communication task force. Through media, 'This Good News about the Kingdom will be spread throughout the world as a testimony to all nations' (Matthew 24:14).
2) 'Prepare a way for the people.' Become the talk of the town. For those who don't know Jesus, act in loving opposition to today's godless values: be truthful, hopeful, and helpful. Be exceptional. Show and tell a better way.
3) 'Build up, build up the highway.' It's a way of integrity. It's a higher road and one less traveled. 'There will be a highway for the remnant of His people' (Isaiah 11:16), 'And it shall be called the Highway of Holiness' (Isaiah 35:8). This high way is narrow and straight. It has one lane going one way: up.
4) 'Take out the stones' by smoothing a path for others who are weak or afraid to walk on a street called straight. How do you remove obstacles? Walk through them! You're with Jesus. He's the stronghold breaker. 'He shall never permit the righteous to be moved' (Psalm 55:22).
5) 'Lift up a banner for the peoples!' Carry it high. One banner says, 'Help is here.' Another says, 'Hope, peace, and joy'. Still another says, 'Come. Follow Me.' But the printing is on the outside only. The inside has invisible letters that appear when blind eyes open, when the lost become found.
On the white side of the banner are two Words glowing in red: Jesus Christ.
He is the Way.
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the Finding Your Way series.