'We are Abraham's descendants, and have never been in bondage to anyone. How can You say, 'You will be made free?' Jesus answered them, 'Most assuredly, I say to you, whoever commits sin is a slave of sin.'
False freedom is another lie I hate, especially when famous stars use it as an excuse for revealing clothing, degrading lyrics or bold narcissism.
Are they free to behave like teenagers rebelling against the establishment--with little thought of the repercussions? Yes, but their freedom can bring bondage to fans, trying to copy their favorite stars.
'From everyone who has been given much, much will be required' (Luke 12:48, NASB).
Consider a few other false freedoms:
1) Freedom of the mouth: to taunt, curse, denounce, complain or gossip... invites Satan to claim jurisdiction.
2) Freedom of the flesh: to touch, force or speak lewd vulgarities... pushes victims into shame and despair.
3) Freedom of the mind: to master everything the world offers... binds high achievers to a futile race.
5) Freedom from morals: to discard godly virtues and values... traps shameless sinners in all kinds of pits.
As Bob Dylan put it, 'You're gonna have to serve somebody.' * The only question is WHO.
## Gotcha's Deceits: False Freedom (Part 17)
* Much of the literary world was shocked at the 2016 Nobel Prize for Literature winner, Bob Dylan, but consider his lyrics to the song, Gotta Serve Somebody:
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the Gotcha! series.