Do not put your trust in princes, in human beings, who cannot save.
What are some WRONG ways to invest our hope? (Because hope is a strong motivator, propelling us in certain directions.)
1) Hope in wealth, because joy is not found there. Neither are security or safety (contrary to popular opinion).
2) Hope in health, because it's not guaranteed. Yes, you should take good care of God's temple, but undo obsession isn't His way.
3) Hope in jobs, because times and fortunes change. God is found and witnessed in how we work... not in high and mighty occupations.
4) Hope in kin, because people aren't perfect. Even the best mess up, or have to leave... unexpectedly, and most are fickle.
5) Hope in strength, because others are stronger, and strength fails, unless it's spiritual (and comes down directly from our Father.)
7) Hope in work, because faithless work is dead, and God doesn't relish our busyness. Instead, we're called to work and rest in Him.
8) Hope in brains, because we think we're so smart. Ha! God will reveal our ineptitude and make us fall from pride's shaky platforms.
9) Hope in stuff, because stuff fades, fails and flees. Homes, cars and trinkets are temporary. They can never truly satisfy us.
10) Hope in plans, because we may not have time.Our best laid plans are silly without God. Our gifts, talents and tomorrows are His.
Only one perfectly right hope exists: God. Plus any other hopes that He inspires.
## Hope: In The Wrong Things (Part 11)
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the Hope series.