According to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, Whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior, that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
Christ is faithful as the Son over God's house. And we are His house, if indeed we hold firmly to our confidence and the hope in which we glory.
God does all of His work exceedingly, abundantly more than we ask or think. He is the God of extravagant love.
Are we His fondest love and greatest hope? Could this impossible notion be true? Are mercurial, fallible people worth the price His astonishing Son paid?
Could Christ's Arms and Hands reaching east to west, nailed and whipped as a Blood-soaked Example... extend enough hope to circle the world? Yes!
On this Cross, could His Head reaching skyward, and His Feet reaching downward just for us... offer living hope to a dying earth? Yes!
Like fairy tales, we just have to believe. But fairy tales are the problem we face. The enemy coaxes men to believe...
* That God Himself is sweetly imagined by people who can't face reality,
* So Satan sells his own reality, filled with fluffy things we're supposed to want...
* And instead of hoping to be with God, we're brainwashed to hope for worldly success,
* Which will one day fall flat, so we fall, too, feeling hopeless with no reason to live.
* So Christians must extend from each to west, showing hopeless people the Source of hope,
* And we must persevere no matter what in the only Hope that isn't a tale.
* Instead, He's the Head and Fountain of Life-- offering hope with just one string attached...
To Him, which brings us glorious freedom.
Surely Jesus Christ is our Living Hope
## Hope: Meets Its Destination (Part 40, Conclusion)
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the Hope series.