And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope. Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit Who was given to us.
And we desire that each one of you show the same diligence to the full assurance of hope until the end...
Christ is faithful as the Son over God's house. And we are His house, if indeed we hold firmly to our confidence and the hope in which we glory.
Consider the path of tribulation:
1) Clearly, tribulation isn't easy, but God allows it for a good purpose.
2) Every Bible hero faced obstacles. Many of them were long and terrible.
3) God's heroes persevere through their ordeals, because pushing through is part of the job.
4) In the path of pushing through their hardships, heroes inspire everyone who sees them.
5) Their brave, selfless and determined actions produce within them godly character.
6) One result of their push-through is glory: the brilliant illumination of God.
7) An awesome upshoot of glory is hope: hope that spreads in the most positive way.
'Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing' (James 1:2-4, NASB).
Along with love and faith, hope fills all lack.
## Hope: Moves Through Obstacles (Part 33)
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the Hope series.