Hot Topics... Dieting
You were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.
I will not be mastered by anything.
I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified.
The greatest transformation in my life began when I committed to Christ. My greatest physical transformation happened earlier (in my late 30s) when I lost 220 pounds.
Thanks be to God, I didn't gain them back. Still, I know a lot about being fat (because I was... for over three decades), and I know a lot about dieting (because I've continued to study it).*
Today, weight loss is a red hot topic, so please consider a few perspectives:
1) Fad diets don't work for lasting weight loss. While big losers regain the pounds they lost, diet gurus are the biggest winners.
2) The problems hitting super-size people, in terms of heightened hunger and disease, delight Satan, Pharma and food merchants.
3) Constant diet talk is not productive. It can make others uncomfortable. Food (or its lack) should not be our focus.
4) God's Word has a lot to say about food--and how to keep a proper perspective, good health and optimum vitality.
## Hot Topic Series: Dieting (Part 17)
* Previous Devotions:
* Dieting And Deception:
* Deal Breakers: Poor Eating Habits
* Eating Right (31-part series), beginning with My Story:
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the Hot Topics series.