Tuesday, July 10th, 2018
Hot Topics... Health Insurance
Fear the Lord and depart from evil.
It will be health to your flesh,
And strength to your bones.
Proverbs 3:7-8 (NKJV)
Let's begin with the obvious: God offers unequalled health insurance. In His Word, He details prevention tips and highlights supernatural healing. The promise is there. The timing is His.
Businesses offer health insurance, too. It's often hard to get and expensive. In his 40s, my brother discovered only one of his kidneys really worked. Therein, he became uninsurable (at least in any way he could afford).
America is thought to have good health care. But it's the most expensive in the world, and our people are not the healthiest. At the same time, other modern nations give their people universal healthcare.*
We tried. It failed, and we seek to cast blame. While our politicians still disagree, what must we do to cover health's bases?
1) Practice godly eating and stay active.
2) Research illness and injuries online.
3) Pray without ceasing and trust for healing.
4) Speak God's Word over medical problems.
5) Ask God to show us good health providers.
## Hot Topics... Health Insurance (Part 36)
* Referenced article: The U.S. spends more on healthcare than any other country... but not with better health outcomes http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-healthcare-comparison-20170715-htmlstory.html
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the Hot Topics series.