Hot Topics... Moral Relativity/Everybody##apos;s Right*
In those days Israel had no king; all the people did whatever seemed right in their own eyes.
And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold.
A Canadian friend shared her concerns with Canada's growing liberalism, as the legal lines between right and wrong are progressively redrawn or erased.
But it's happening in the U.S., too.
Has our moral compass lost its magnet? Can its direction change so easily?
'The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the Gospel that displays the glory of Christ, Who is the Image of God' (2 Corinthians 4:4, NIV).
'For the message of the Cross is foolishness... (1 Corinthians 1:18, NKJV) to the world. So why should we expect our governments to respect values they don't understand?
Regarding moral relativity, consider 3 don't-do's and 2 TO-do's:
1) Don't sweat it. God said this day was coming.
2) Don't exchange God's compass for a new brand.
3) Don't try to fix the world's broken compass.
4) Do try to help your home church stay on course.
5) Cling to God's Word. He is our no-fail Guide.
## Hot Topics, Moral Relativity/Everybody's Right (Part 48)
* Previous 4-Part Devotion Series, Moral Relativity:
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the Hot Topics series.