Wednesday, August 8th, 2018
Hot Topics... Sexual Harassment
She said to him. 'Don't force me! Such a thing should not be done in Israel! Don't do this wicked thing.'
2 Samuel 13:12 (NIV)
From Bible and worldly observations, uninvited sexual advances have wounded women throughout history.* Nations and cultures address this abuse with varying views, laws and punishments.
In America and modern countries, male aggression seems to be increasing... most notably within entertainment. Why?
1) Entertainment is a powerful field. Countless performers want jobs within it, and the competition is tremendous.
2) Power corrupts when God is not its Source. While surrounded by fans and flatterers, evil leaders get used to indulgence.
3) In film, fashion, music and theatre, sensuality struts and flirts with us, as naughty stars become our role models.
1) Men: avert your eyes and move away from tempting images and situations. Avoid porn sites and locker room humor. Defend women in all situations.
2) Ladies: science proves men are visual. Although my advice isn't trending now, be stylish without showing too much skin. Be cautious about all private meetings.
Post Trauma Treatment?
Surely, confession is therapeutic. Report sexual harassment asap. Also, share it with your church family. Prayer, support and love will help you heal.
## Hot Topics: Sensuality (Part 65)
* I realize men and boys can be victims. Preventative #2 applies to male victims of sexual harassment, too.
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the Hot Topics series.