Hot Topics... Social Media
Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone.
Who could have predicted this strange era where words can be instantly seen and heard by countless people all over the world? Only God.
Pros? Opportunities for uplifting saints to share good news and personal stories.
Cons? Opportunities for Satan's legion to spread bad news and deceptive stories.
The challenge: Decades ago, Christians left Hollywood in protest of films they could not condone. But when they did, evil broadened its reach without good standing up for what is right.
Today, saints are tempted to abandon the bog of Twitter and social platforms, but I encourage you not to do so. Instead, consider a few godly guidelines:
1) Avoid mean, idle or gossip-y words.
2) Avoid rants and debates without profit.
3) Avoid political accusations.
4) Share the truth of your own testimony.
5) Share amazing and positive stories.
6) Sympathize and uplift hurting people.
7) Show the mercy and kindness of Jesus.
## Hot Topics: Social Media (Part 66)
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the Hot Topics series.