Friday, August 17th, 2018
Hot Topics... War
You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places.
Matthew 24:6-7 (NIV)
Modern wars should not shock or scare Christians. Our Savior warned us and then He armed us... to fight the one behind every conflict.
Certainly, we should be compassionate and help victims devastated by war. Please consider some battle need-to-know's:
1) War's ruin is only temporary. Eternity in heaven awaits us.
2) The instigator of war is Satan. Jesus gave us power to push him back.*
3) Regarding people, we're called to seek peace--not to complain or foment rebellion.
4) We rep Christ well by faithful confidence, knowing victory through Christ is promised.
5) We rep Christ better by helping others, covering their worries with compassion.
6) We rep Christ best by loving enemies. This love is so surprising to the world, it attracts the best kind of attention. Consider one relatively recent example, seen after the Charleston church massacre**
## Hot Topics: War (Part 74)
* The armor of God:
** The reaction of forgiveness from the surviving members of the Charleston church massacre in 2015 shocked the press, the world and represented Christ better than I can possibly describe. Hooray to God in them!
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the Hot Topics series.