Thursday, December 14th, 2017
Imperfect Heroes (Part 66, Conclusion)
Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
Luke 10:19 (KJV)
You shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you.
Acts 1:8 (NKJV)
Thanks be to God, Who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
1 Corinthians 15:57 (NKJV)
You, the Lord's 21st century saints rising in the age of entertainment, were created and cast to be heroes. The moment you were born again in Christ, it glowed on your re-birth certificates--brighter than any Broadway marquee: Holy stars are performing. Watch Him in them.
Therein, you flaunt your faith through media. But let's script out what flaunting your faith means, as flesh and Blood action heroes for God.
1) Inspire your kin by your bold action steps. Bench-sitting is not the mark of a player.
2) Flaunting your faith is not forcing your faith. Instead, it's showing kindness and mercy.
3) Choose shows and roles where good wins in the end, because to do otherwise is to lie.
4) Your talents are compelling fishing hooks. Your off-stage acts are where you really shine.
5) When you become role models for the lost and they follow you, they will find Jesus.
6) More than Thor, Superman or Supergirl, through God you are truly invincible.
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the Imperfect Heroes series.