Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they?
If the Lord Himself acts as our Father, if He promises He'll never leave us, if He tells us all things are possible, if He goes with us wherever we go, if He takes our worries upon Himself, if He wants to hear from us constantly, if He's gentle, patient and kind to us...
If He says He'll fight for us and help us, if He continues to discipline us, if He shows His great love by sacrifice, if He sends us a personal Teacher, if He calls us the apples of His Eye, then every dad on earth has a Model: the perfect Example of fatherhood.
But AWOL dads are an epidemic in America and across the world. From fatherless homes come:
* 43% of U.S. children
* 71% of high school dropouts
* 71% of teenage pregnancies
* 85% of children with behavior disorders
* 90% of homeless and runaway children
* 63% of youth suicides
* 85% of youths in prisons
* 80% of rapists motivated by displaced anger
Fatherless children are ten times more likely to abuse drugs, 9 times more likely to divorce, 6 times more likely to smoke and drink, 4 times more likely to be poor, 2 times more likely to be abused and 1.8 times more likely to die as infants.
Actors, models and talent for Christ: For all the fatherless kids you'll meet (and maybe you've been fatherless, too), show them your heavenly Father's love. Forgiveness is the key to healing. God will restore every painful gap, and this unwanted re-run will end--as wild boys grow up into real men.
To Be Continued...
* Statistics on the Father Absence Crisis in America: http://www.fatherhood.org/father-absence-statistics
* The Impact of Fatherlessness: http://www.fathers.com/statistics-and-research/the-extent-of-fatherlessness/
* The Fatherless Generation Stats: https://thefatherlessgeneration.wordpress.com/statistics/
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the Judgment series.