They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy.
Actors, models and talent for Christ: How far has this generation strayed from God's Order to obey your parents?**
'...For this is right. Honor your father and mother (which is the first Commandment with a promise), so that it may be well with you, and that you may live long on the earth' (Ephesians 6:1-3).
But to kids, living long seems distant-- and respecting parents, old fashioned. Children embrace rebellious heroes, where 'dissing' is almost an art form.
If 'dis' comes from a Latin prefix meaning 'apart, away, utterly, as in a different direction,' disrespectful kids are full of dis.Could they be described as disdainful?
Distrusting, dissolute disclaimers?
Discordant, discouraged discontents?
Disrobed, distracted disregarders?
Disorderly and discourteous?
But you, God's disarming disciples...
Are discreet, dispatched discoverers:
Discerning, distinguished and displayed
on all the platforms of media.
Your duty to be His examples now gives disenfranchised kids a choice.
To remain disassociated, utterly opposing good conduct... or to join your club of modern saints, led by the coolest Guy of all time.
## Judgment: Disrespectful Kids (Part 28)
* Other Bible Verses about Respecting Your Parents: https://www.openbible.info/topics/respecting_your_parents
* Previous 40-part Devotion Series, Parent Traps: http://careylewisdevotions.com/parent-traps-part-1-are-satans-grand-canyon
Among the series, please note the following:
* Misplaced Love: http://careylewisdevotions.com.org/parent-traps-part-12-include-misplaced-love
* Failure To Discipline: http://careylewisdevotions.com/parent-traps-part-13-include-failure-to-discipline
* Sly Obedience: http://careylewisdevotions.com/parent-traps-part-17-include-sly-obedience
* Overcome: By Teaching God's Word: http://careylewisdevotions.com/parent-traps-part-32-overcome-by-teaching-gods-word
** Honoring your parents is Commandment #5 within God's Ten Commandments: http://biblehub.com/exodus/20-12.htm
NOTE: This is a republished edit of a 2016 devotion series, 'Judgment.' You may see notes to 'Actors, Models & Talent for Christ.' If you think you're not in show business, think again. Every disciple in every field performs for Christ. Shakespeare said, 'All the world's a stage and all its men and women merely players.' Mostly true. But you're not 'merely players.' You are messengers and ambassadors for the King of kings.
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the Judgment 2020 series.