My kingdom is not of this world.
Heaven and earth will pass away, but My Words will not pass away.
The world is passing away, and also its lusts; but the one who does the will of God lives forever.
The earth and its works will be burned up.
God is clear on earth's coming destiny. Pride, lust, sin and evil will be destroyed. Men will be judged and meet their just rewards.
'When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on His glorious throne. All the nations will be gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats' (Matthew 25:31-32).*
Of those living in Christ: 'They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world' (John 17:16). In fact, the relationship of Jesus and His faithful followers to the world is highlighted 62 times in John--far more than any other Bible Book.**
Actors, models and talent for Christ: Through John, Jesus talks about the world, including do's, don'ts and need-to-knows.
1) Jesus said, 'I am the Light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life' (John 8:12). As His understudies, you're bound to shine.
2) 'I have come into this world, that those who do not see may see, and that those who see may be made blind' (John 9:39). Don't count on anyone's vision, but His.
3) 'God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved' (John 3:17). Condemnation is not your direction.
4) As a Man, neither did Jesus judge: 'I did not come to judge the world but to save the world' (John 12:47). Judgment is not your direction, either.
5) Because 'He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him' (John 1:10), you shouldn't expect the world's approval.
6) 'He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life' (John 12:25). You mustn't fall in love with the world's ways.
## Judgment: How In The World? (Part 2)
* The Son of Man Will Judge the Nations: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+25%3A31-46&version=NKJV
** Book by Book word search, for the 'world' in the Bible: https://www.biblegateway.com/quicksearch/?quicksearch=world&version=NKJV&resultspp=500
NOTE: This is a republished edit of a 2016 devotion series, 'Judgment.' You may see notes to 'Actors, Models & Talent for Christ.' If you think you're not in show business, think again. Every disciple in every field performs for Christ. Shakespeare said, 'All the world's a stage and all its men and women merely players.' Mostly true. But you're not 'merely players.' You are messengers and ambassadors for the King of kings.
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the Judgment 2020: How In The World? series.