They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy.
Actors, models and talent for Christ: How far has today's generation strayed from this central Order of God?**
'Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. Honor your father and mother (which is the first Commandment with a promise), so that it may be well with you, and that you may live long on the earth' (Ephesians 6:1-3).
But to kids, living long seems distant and respecting parents, old fashioned. Children embrace rebellious heroes, among whom dissing is an art form. If dis comes from a Latin prefix meaning apart, away, utterly, as in a different direction, disrespectful kids are full of dis.
Could they be described as disdainful, distrusting, dissolute disclaimers? Discordant, discouraged discontents? Disrobed, distracted disregarders? Disorderly and discourteous?
But you, God's disarming disciples, are discreet, dispatched discoverers: discerning, distinguished and displayed on all the platforms of media. Your duty to be His examples now gives disenfranchised kids a choice.
To remain disassociated, utterly opposing good conduct or to join your club of modern saints, led by the coolest Guy of all time.
To Be Continued...
* Other Bible Verses about Respecting Your Parents: https://www.openbible.info/topics/respecting_your_parents
* Previous 40-part AMTC Devotion Series, Parent Traps: http://amtcdevotions.org/parent-traps-part-1-are-satans-grand-canyon
Among the series, please note the following:
* Misplaced Love: http://amtcdevotions.org/parent-traps-part-12-include-misplaced-love
* Failure To Discipline: http://amtcdevotions.org/parent-traps-part-13-include-failure-to-discipline
* Sly Obedience: http://amtcdevotions.org/parent-traps-part-17-include-sly-obedience
* Overcome: By Teaching God's Word: http://amtcdevotions.org/parent-traps-part-32-overcome-by-teaching-gods-word
** Honoring your parents is Commandment #5 within God's Ten Commandments: http://biblehub.com/exodus/20-12.htm
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the Judgment series.