Because the U.S. worships the dollar and lobbyists pay to play in Congress; because the food industry lobbies hard and the FDA has bitten the bait;* because the U.S. is superficial and we want foods that look, smell and taste good; because chemicals can make that happen cheaper, faster and easier than fresh...
Because processed snacks are edible hype: quick sensations that cannot satisfy; because cows are fed corn instead of grass, so they get sick on what they shouldn't eat; because antibiotics are needed and growth hormones make them bigger faster; because mega-farms bought family farms and mass production is their first concern...
Because chemicals help them save money, so they spray and spread them liberally; because American moms work so hard and most can't find the time to cook from scratch; because fast food seems to be an answer, but fast rarely produces anything good; because we've been spoiled by ready access and we're not used to waiting anymore...
Actors, models and talent for Christ: Tainted foods pervades America. Many ill effects are clearly seen. Among industrialized nations, the U.S. falls flat in food standards.** So what can and should you do to help?
1) Become aware and eat healthfully. Fitness will help you in media. Even more, you have a destiny to become examples for your fans.
2) Stand up to giant food lobbyists. Be like David and refuse to faint, ignore the bullies or join the chumps. Where you can, advocate for clean food.
3) Most people can't afford organic, and tainted foods are their main diet. God told us what to do about it; in true prayer and thanks, God will clean it:
'For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with gratitude; for it is sanctified by means of the Word of God and prayer' (1 Timothy 4:4).
To Be Continued...
* Short article: Experts Say Lobbying Skewed the U.S. Dietary Guidelines: http://time.com/4130043/lobbying-politics-dietary-guidelines/
* Short article: The Politics of Meat: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/meat/politics/
* Short article: New Harvard study reveals Institutional Corruption of Pharmaceuticals and how FDA cannot be trusted with public safety: http://seattleorganicrestaurants.com/vegan-whole-food/institutional-corruption-of-pharmaceuticals-how-FDA-cannot-be-trusted-with-public-safety.php
* Short chart: Food & Drug Administration, Influence and Lobbying: https://www.opensecrets.org/lobby/agencysum.php?id=135
** 13 Ways the EU Beats the U.S. on Food Safety; http://www.ecowatch.com/13-ways-the-eu-beats-the-u-s-on-food-safety-1881850175.html
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the Judgment series.