Monday, August 22nd, 2016
Judgment (Part 5)
Because Lost Sheep Must Be Found
But when He saw the multitudes, He was moved with compassion for them, because they were weary and scattered, like sheep having no shepherd.
Matthew 9:36 (NKJV)
For the Son of Man has come to save that which was lost.
What do you think? If a man has a hundred sheep, and one of them goes astray, does he not leave the ninety-nine and go to the mountains to seek the one that is straying? And if he should find it, assuredly, I say to you, he rejoices more over that sheep than over the ninety-nine that did not go astray.
Matthew 18:11-13 (NKJV)
Think of small lambs, lost sheep and wanderers. Think of little children, confused people and brethren getting caught up in the world. Are they spell bound? Aimlessly enchanted by the sights and sounds of entertainment?
Jesus came here to captain an army: to win a war and set His people free. So He did. Then He assigned new soldiers to hunt, find and help all remaining sheep. Consider still more action plans in John:
1) Bickering brethren harm the cause of Christ. Therefore, Jesus requests of His Father, 'That they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me' (John 17:21).
2) Jesus doesn't petition His Father for all men, but exclusively for you: 'I do not pray for the world but for those whom You have given Me, for they are Yours' (John 17:9).
3) The Holy Spirit has a job to do: 'And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment' (John 16:8). But this job is His alone, and not yours.
4) Unity among followers of Christ is a powerful witness to the world: 'That the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me' (John 17:23).
5) Jesus is planning a great reunion: 'Father, I desire that they also whom You gave Me may be with Me where I am, that they may behold My glory which You have given Me' (John 17:24).
6) The work Jesus does through you truly counts: 'There are also many other things that Jesus did, which if they were written one by one... even the world itself could not contain the books' (John 21:25).
Actors, models and talent for Christ: For the love of God, men and mission, you rise as all-star players on earth. You're too busy following Jesus to waste your time in hurtful judgment. So keep on shining without whining and stay about your Father's business.
To Be Continued...
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the Judgment series.