Wednesday, August 24th, 2016
Judgment (Part 7)
We know that we are of God, and that the whole world lies in the power of the evil one.
1 John 5:19 (NASB)
And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
Matthew 24:6 (NKJV)
Depending on which website you visit, we're fighting dozens to hundreds of wars.* In pretty and passive America, we build lovely lives of self-interest. Wars are reduced to CNN stories. We flip the channel with barely a thought.
And if the battles abroad worry us, we tuck tighter in our pearlized cocoons and snuggle into our creature comforts--with eyes glued to the screens we now worship. Warfare seems distant from our shores and minds.
In our Christian, mega-fortress culture, we believe we are safe, settled and secure. God puts it this way in His love-Letter to a church out of touch with its Maker:
'You say, 'I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.' But you do not realize you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked' (Revelation 3:17).
Actors, models and talent for Christ: Consider four things about warfare.
1) It's here and people are suffering. Physically, it may not seem real. Spiritually, it's deep upon you. Disregarding either battle front is a selfish or foolish mistake.
2) Worrying about it is faithless. Hiding out from it is cowardly. Instead, God says to fight the good fight. Entertainment is Satan's front line. It's the hottest action field in the world.
3) Condemning your worldly opponents, whether they have black hoods on their heads or black hearts hidden from human eyes, is a harmful waste of energy. Put on the Armor of God--and fight.
4) Focus your battle preparation by studying God's written Orders, following closely behind His Son, relying on His Spirit's power and relentlessly storming hell's gates.
To Be Continued...
* Wars In The World: http://www.warsintheworld.com/?page=static1258254223
* Ongoing Armed Conflicts: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ongoing_armed_conflicts
* Global Conflict Tracker: http://www.cfr.org/global/global-conflict-tracker/p32137#!/
* The Armor of God, Ephesians 6:10-17: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=eph+6%3A10-17&version=NASB
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the Judgment series.