Thursday, August 25th, 2016
Judgment (Part 8)
You shall not worship the Lord your God in that way; for every abomination to the Lord which He hates they have done to their gods; for they burn even their sons and daughters in the fire to their gods.
Deuteronomy 12:31 (NKJV)
You took your sons and daughters whom you bore to Me and sacrificed them as food to the idols.
Ezekiel 16:20 (NIV)
If atrocities like child sacrifice were practiced by idolatrous cultures in the long ago days of the Bible, they are few when compared to abortion.** Hundreds of millions of children have died in this premeditated sacrifice. Like most believers, I hate abortion.
But here's what I'd like good Christians to know: Before I committed my life to Christ, my thoughts were muddled about abortion. The slogan, Pro Choice, sounded right to me. Shouldn't we be free to rule our bodies? Planned Parenthood is shrewdly misleading.
Actors, models and talent for Christ, before condemning confused mothers, consider some striking ideas:
1) Every aborted child goes to Heaven. Tiny ones may face a short, bloody death, soon to live an eternity with Christ. But the parents left behind will suffer.
2) God's Holy Spirit clears up confusion. Gently leading misguided girls to Christ is the surest way to stop abortion. Judgmental hatred will chase them away.
3) The Bible instructs us to hate evil,*** but how should you carry out this order when Jesus says to love your enemies? Recall this saying: 'Kill them with kindness:'
4) 'If your enemy is hungry, feed him; If he is thirsty, give him a drink; For in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head' (Romans 12:20).****
'Love never fails. (1 Corinthians 13:8).
To Be Continued...
* Previous AMTC Devotion (Parental Discretion Advised), Child Sacrifices: http://amtcdevotions.org/images-part-11-parental-discretion-advised-child-sacrifices
** Stats on abortion, America: http://www.abort73.com/abortion_facts/us_abortion_statistics/
** Stats on abortion, worldwide: http://www.worldometers.info/abortions/
*** 'Hate evil, love good' (Amos 5:15); 'The fear of the Lord is to hate evil' (Proverbs 8:13); 'You who love the Lord, hate evil!' ((Psalms 97:10).
**** 'People will resist wrath, anger, and power; but 'goodness' they cannot resist; it finds its way to the heart; and the conscience does its work, and the sinner is overwhelmed at the remembrance of his crimes... If Christians would meet all unkindness with kindness, all malice with benevolence, and all wrong with right, peace would soon pervade the community, and even opposition to the gospel might soon die away (Barnes Notes on the Bible re: Romans 12:20). http://biblehub.com/commentaries/romans/12-20.htm
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the Judgment series.