We know that we are of God, and that the whole world lies in the power of the evil one.
And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
Depending on which website you visit, we're fighting dozens to hundreds of wars.* In pretty and passive America, we build lovely lives of self-interest. Wars are reduced to CNN stories. We flip the channel with barely a thought.
And if the battles abroad worry us, we tuck tighter in our pearlized cocoons and snuggle into our creature comforts--with eyes glued to the screens we now worship. Warfare seems distant from our shores and minds.
In our Christian, mega-fortress culture, we believe we are safe, settled and secure. God puts it this way in His love-Letter to a church out of touch with its Maker:
'You say, 'I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.' But you do not realize you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked' (Revelation 3:17).
Actors, models and talent for Christ: Consider four things about warfare.
1) It's here and people are suffering. Physically, it may not seem real. Spiritually, it's deep upon you. Disregarding either battle front is a selfish or foolish mistake.
2) Worrying about war is faithless. Hiding out from it is cowardly. Instead, God says to fight the good fight. Entertainment is Satan's front line. It's the hottest action field in the world.
3) Condemning your worldly opponents, those with evil eyes focused on you, is a harmful waste of energy. Put on the Armor of God--and fight.
4) Practice your battle preparation by studying God's written Orders, following closely behind His Son, relying on the Spirit's power... and relentlessly storming hell's gates.
## Judgment: Warfare (Part 7)
* Wars In The World: http://www.warsintheworld.com/?page=static1258254223
* Ongoing Armed Conflicts: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ongoing_armed_conflicts
* Global Conflict Tracker: http://www.cfr.org/global/global-conflict-tracker/p32137#!/
* The Armor of God, Ephesians 6:10-17: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=eph+6%3A10-17&version=NASB
NOTE: This is a republished edit of a 2016 devotion series, 'Judgment.' You may see notes to 'Actors, Models & Talent for Christ.' If you think you're not in show business, think again. Every disciple in every field performs for Christ. Shakespeare said, 'All the world's a stage and all its men and women merely players.' Mostly true. But you're not 'merely players.' You are messengers and ambassadors for the King of kings.
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the Judgment 2020 series.