The great dragon was thrown down, the serpent of old who is called the devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.*
The god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving so that they might not see the light of the Gospel of the glory of Christ, Who is the Image of God.
You formerly walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience.
Who is the world is behind all this pain? Adam and Eve? Or was it their death coach?* 'The spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience' (Ephesians 2:2). Recognizing the devil as our foe is so much easier than condemning all the people in the world we don't like.
Through John, the Lord addresses earth's anguish, and the fire-breathing serpent fueling it:
1) 'Now the ruler of this world will be cast out' (John 12:31). The devil was stripped of his position and remains as a puppet governor until the appointed Day of the Lord.
2) Don't expect a lying world to love you. 'The Spirit of Truth, Whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him... He dwells with you and will be in you' (John 14:17).
3) The devil wants to stake a claim in you. 'The ruler of this world is coming, and he has nothing in Me' (John 14:30). If he chased Christ to the end, he'll chase you.
4) If the world laughs at your pain or struggles, God will turn both around in your favor: 'You will weep and lament, but the world will rejoice... your sorrow will be turned into joy' (John 16:20).
5) The world gives no peace. It's a gift from Christ. 'Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled...' (John 14:27).
6) If you've been disparaged or rejected, you're in the most marvelous Company: 'If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you' (John 15:18).
Actors, models and talent for Christ: Don't join the finger-pointing Christians who judge the world, then judge each other. Instead, lower your head in prayer, then point your hands and fingers straight up: to the One Who will right every wrong. He will give you peace, joy and justice.
## Judgment: Who In The World? (Part 3)
* Short article: How is Satan god of this world (2 Corinthians 4:4)? http://www.gotquestions.org/Satan-god-world.html
* A longer, but extremely excellent article: Satan's Part in God.s Perfect Plan:
NOTE: This is a republished edit of a 2016 devotion series, 'Judgment.' You may see notes to 'Actors, Models & Talent for Christ.' If you think you're not in show business, think again. Every disciple in every field performs for Christ. Shakespeare said, 'All the world's a stage and all its men and women merely players.' Mostly true. But you're not 'merely players.' You are messengers and ambassadors for the King of kings.
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the Judgment 2020 series.