Let Us make man in Our Image, according to Our Likeness.
See how great a love the Father has bestowed on us, that we would be called children of God; and such we are. For this reason the world does not know us, because it did not know Him. Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we will be. We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is.
In the darkest despair of misery, Job 'Cursed the day of his birth' (Job 3:1): 'May the day of my birth perish' (Job 3:3).
Other heroes were similarly grieved. Moses said, 'The burden is too heavy for me. If this is how You are going to treat me, please go ahead and kill me' (Numbers 11:14-15).
Elijah 'Prayed that he might die, and said, 'It is enough! Now, Lord, take my life' ' (1 Kings 19:4).
About Judas, the traitor, Jesus said: 'It would have been good for that man if he had never been born' (Mark 14:21).
Have you ever wondered why you were born? Or why you were born in such a dark world?* Consider more Words from the Book of John:
1) Why He was born is why you were born, too. 'For this cause I was born, and for this cause I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth' (John 18:37).
2) 'That the world may know that I love the Father, and as the Father gave Me Commandment, so I do' (John 14:31). Obedience through suffering (with love) shows a dying world the path to new life.
3) Life may be hard, but we're called to work it: 'I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one' (John 17:15).
4) Beware! Don't covet popularity. 'If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world... the world hates you' (John 15:19).
5) Your beloved will not stop loving you, even if you get scared or make mistakes. 'Having loved His Own who were in the world, He loved them to the end' (John 13:1).
6) 'I spoke openly to the world... and in secret I have said nothing' (John 18:20). Your transparency and sincerity are unusual in a murky world. People seeking truth will be drawn to you.
Actors, models and talent for Christ: You're in this world to grow up in Christ and light up a path to help others.
## Judgment: Why You Were Born In This World (Part 4)
* Article, The Reason You Were Born: https://www.ucg.org/the-good-news/gods-family-the-reason-you-were-born
* Article, Why do we have to live this life? http://www.blogos.org/theologyapologetics/prepare-bride.php
* Article, If Jesus paid the price for our sin, why do we still suffer the consequences of our sin?http://www.gotquestions.org/sin-consequences.html
NOTE: This is a republished edit of a 2016 devotion series, 'Judgment.' You may see notes to 'Actors, Models & Talent for Christ.' If you think you're not in show business, think again. Every disciple in every field performs for Christ. Shakespeare said, 'All the world's a stage and all its men and women merely players.' Mostly true. But you're not 'merely players.' You are messengers and ambassadors for the King of kings.
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the Judgment 2020 series.