Wednesday, May 30th, 2018
Love... Is Sacrificing
Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends.
John 15:13 (NKJV)
God demonstrates His Own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8 (NIV)
By this we know love, because He laid down His life for us. And we also ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.
1 John 3:16 (NKJV)
Christians live in awe at the sacrifice of Christ, the world's most overwhelming example of love: overwhelming enough to beat Satan and death.
In our hearts, we're compelled to follow our King's love. In our minds, we contemplate the difficulties. In our strength, we feel too weak for the job at hand.
How can we reach the goal of sacrificial love?
We can move toward it one step at a time, like:
1) Fasting from our favorite foods to hear from God.
2) Visiting a sick friend instead of staying home.
3) Paying attention to people more than our phones.
4) Pausing in our plans to stop and help a stranger.
5) Prizing our families over our possessions.
Therefore, we love.
## Love Series: Love Is Sacrificing (Part 61)
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the Love series.