God is faithful, Who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.
How do you free yourself from temptation? Avoid it, flee it, or force it away.
How? Exactly like our Role Model showed us at the end of His wilderness trials.
REMINDER #1: Jesus, the Man, was in a weakened state after an extended 40-day fast. Satan hits us in our weakened states, too.
REMINDER #2: Nobody saw what Jesus said and did, so He revealed it to His disciples. Why? To teach them battle strategies that work.
Check out more temptation-breaking Scriptures with a supernatural wham-bam-punch to get the enemy off of your tails. Repeat after Him and speak Them out loud. (Personalize Them to address your needs.)
* 'You are from God, little children, and have overcome them; because greater is He Who is in you than he who is in the world' (1 John 4:4).
* 'For in that He Himself has suffered, being tempted, He is able to aid those who are tempted' (Hebrews 2:18).
* 'God is our Refuge and Strength, a very present help in trouble' (Psalm 46:1).
* 'Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him' (James 1:12).
* 'Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.' (Luke 10:19).
* 'I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me.' (Philippians 4:13).
* 'The Lord knows how to deliver the godly out of temptations' (2 Peter 2:9).
* 'Do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one. For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever' (Matthew 6:13).
* 'The Lord is my Rock and my Fortress and my Deliverer; My God, my Strength, in Whom I will trust' (Psalm 18:2).
* 'Do not be grieved, for the joy of the Lord is your strength' (Nehemiah 8:10).
* 'Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my Righteous Right Hand' (Isaiah 41:10).
* 'He gives power to the faint and weary, and to him who has no might He increases strength' (Isaiah 40: 29).
* 'In the day when I cried out, You answered me, and made me bold with strength in my soul' (Psalm 138:3).
## More Stronghold Breakers To Fight Temptations
NOTE: This is a 2021 update of a 2011 Carey Lewis Devotion. You may see notes to 'Actors, Models & Talent for Christ.' If you think you're not in show business, think again. Shakespeare said, 'All the world's a stage and all its men and women merely players. Mostly true. But you're not merely players. You are messengers and ambassadors for the King of kings.
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the More Stronghold Breakers To Fight Temptations series.