Tuesday, July 11th, 2017
Name Tags: You Are... (Part 12)
Blessed and Beloved
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, Who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love...
Ephesians 1:3-4 (NKJV)
So, as those who have been chosen of God, holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Colossians 3:12 (NASB)
Dear Actors, Models and Talent for Christ:
You are the apples of your Father's Eye. You are blessed as part of His family. You are cherished beyond any measure. You are uniquely beautiful to Him. You are gifted with wonderful talents. You are worth the sacrifice of His Son.
He dotes on you and attends to your needs. He cries for you in your darkest moments. He delights in all your positive steps. He loves you enough to discipline you. He protects you from evils you can't see. He forgives and forgets all your mistakes.
But here's the thing, beloved kin in Christ: Don't brag about your status to others. Many times I've asked Christians, 'How are you? Then I hear, 'Blessed and highly favored.' That may be true, but why flaunt your wealth? Because...
1) Your brethren may be in harder places and boasting is not sympathetic. Instead, the Lord says, 'Mourn with those who mourn' (Romans 12:15). Practice living the way Jesus lived.
2) Outsiders can't relate to Christianese, and moving among them is your mission. The Apostle Paul made this his business. 'I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some' (1 Corinthians 9:22).
1) No matter what Satan would have you think, the Lord says think on Him and know you're loved.
2) Show outsiders how dearly you are loved by blessing them as Jesus has blessed you.
To Be Continued...
* Short article, BELOVED, One of the Best Words in the Bible: http://ronedmondson.com/2009/12/beloved-one-of-the-best-words-in-the-bible.html
* Short article about Leah, a woman unloved by her husband and sister: God Sees You, Beloved: http://proverbs31.org/devotions/devo/god-sees-you-beloved/
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the Name Tags: You Are... series.