Friday, July 21st, 2017
Name Tags: You Are... (Part 22)
Citizens of Heaven
But we are citizens of heaven, where the Lord Jesus Christ lives. And we are eagerly waiting for Him to return as our Savior. He will take our weak mortal bodies and change them into glorious bodies like His Own, using the same power with which He will bring everything under His control.
Philippians 3:20-21 (NLT)
Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God...
Ephesians 2:19 (NKJV)
Since you have been raised to new life with Christ, set your sights on the realities of heaven, where Christ sits in the place of honor at God's Right Hand. Think about the things of heaven, not the things of earth.
Colossians 3:1-2 (NLT)
For this world is not our permanent home; we are looking forward to a home yet to come.
Hebrews 13:14 (NLT)
Certainly, if you're Christ's ambassadors, you are members of Heaven's government. You're citizens of God's jurisdiction, on temporary assignment to earth, now ruled by a devious dictator.
Actors, models and talent for Christ, if your time here is just a visit (like a student or working visa); if one glorious day you'll go home to live with God and your family... then consider what these truths mean now:
1) You have been strategically placed in a certain spot with certain kin for reasons only God understands. So thank God and make the best of it.
2) You have been tactically gifted with talents He says to multiply, which will bring glory to His kingdom. Therein, confused saints see Truth in you.
3) Satan's evil manipulations will disappear when Jesus returns, so don't believe his propaganda or buy into his value system.
4) You were never meant to fit in here, so don't waste time attempting to blend. Instead, you were destined to stand out as a leader and light for the lost.
5) You have all the rights, privileges and promises detailed in God's Word. Even when you can't see them, they're coming and will not be late.**
To Be Continued...
* 'And He said to them, 'Why did you seek Me? Did you not know that I must be about My Father's business?' (Luke 2:49). (Jesus was 12 at this time.)
** 'For the vision is yet for an appointed time;
But at the end it will speak, and it will not lie.
Though it tarries, wait for it;
Because it will surely come,
It will not tarry' (Habakkuk 2:3, NKJV).
** 'God is not a man, so He does not lie.
He is not human, so He does not change His Mind.
Has He ever spoken and failed to act?
Has He ever promised and not carried it through?' (Numbers 23:19, NLT).
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the Name Tags: You Are... series.