Name Tags: You Are... (Part 3)
He made us accepted in the Beloved.
And He came and preached peace to you who were afar off and to those who were near. For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father.
In every nation whoever fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him.
Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
Way back in man's earliest days on earth, when Adam and Eve had to leave Eden, when they worked the land and had two sons, when Cain, the elder, offered God some crops, the Lord did not respect Cain's offering.
Perhaps he did not give his very best. Perhaps he gave with a reluctant heart. So God offered Cain some timeless advice:
'If you do well, will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin lies at the door. And its desire is for you, but you should rule over it' (Genesis 4:7, NKJV).
But instead of accepting God's counsel, Cain accepted Satan's terrible thoughts. He gave in to irrational fury and murdered his righteous brother, Abel. The human race continued its decline.
Actors, models and talent for Christ: When Jesus came to live among us, He became our Flawless Offering, and we became accepted through Him. Consider some ramifications of your acceptance by God through Christ:
1) You are not rejected or alone. You have access to the Lord of Hosts.
2) You're not just acceptable to Him. He watches you with care and delight.
3) Neither the devil nor his cronies can label you unacceptable.
4) If phony Christians try to shame you, discard their friendship and their remarks.
5) Walk out your acceptability by doing things to please your Father.
To Be Continued...
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the Name Tags: You Are... series.