Name Tags: You Are... (Part 36)
Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour.
So that Satan will not outsmart us. For we are familiar with his evil schemes.
So humble yourselves before God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
You therefore must endure hardship as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.
To know your enemy is to fight well. Clearly, Satan is mankind's enemy. But instead of pushing his legions backs, most Christians battle his special effects: like hitting villains on a movie screen. We may slash and destroy the screen we watch, but eight more screens soon pop up in its place. Because we have not beaten back the source.*
Actors, models and talent for Christ, you know Satan is your enemy. Also know, your enemy is not...
1) Hollywood, although he works through it to glamorize his assorted cons;
2) Naughty stars, although he works through them to create sensational idols;
3) Outsiders, although he fuels some to promote his cruel agenda;
4) Bad habits, although they become chains to keep saints down and out of action;
5) Mean people, because most are victims he prompted to victimize others;
6) Circumstance, since God allows hard times to teach, test and refine His soldiers;
7) Your old self, since your transformation is a process requiring patience;
Actors, models and talent for Christ, you've now crossed into enemy lines. Even so, Christ's Cross will protect you. But memorize His battle tactics and put on your defensive armor.** Demons will shrink back as you come forth.
To Be Continued...
* When an impure spirit comes out of a person, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. Then it says, 'I will return to the house I left.' When it arrives, it finds the house unoccupied, swept clean and put in order. Then it goes and takes with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that person is worse than the first. That is how it will be with this wicked generation' (Matthew 12:43-45, NIV).
* 'This parable represents the case of the Jewish church and nation. It is also applicable to all those who hear the Word of God, and are in part reformed, but not truly converted. The unclean spirit leaves for a time, but when he returns, he finds Christ is not there to shut him out; the heart is swept by outward reformation, but garnished by preparation to comply with evil suggestions, and the man becomes a more decided enemy of the truth. Every heart is the residence of unclean spirits, except those which are temples of the Holy Ghost, by faith in Christ' (Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary on Matthew 12:43-45). Link to his and other commentaries: http://biblehub.com/commentaries/matthew/12-43.htm
** Previous 40-part AMTC Devotion Series, Soldier's Orders (Part 1): http://amtcdevotions.org/soldiers-orders-part-1-the-baby-brigade
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the Name Tags: You Are... series.