Name Tags: You Are... (Part 45)
I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain...
Therefore, bear fruits worthy of repentance...
Even now the ax of God's judgment is poised, ready to sever the roots of the trees. Yes, every tree that does not produce good fruit will be chopped down and thrown into the fire.
Being fruitful could be its own series, and maybe God will call me to write it, because bearing fruit is a Bible theme. In truth, it's a mandate for mature saints. Babies aren't ready to work as field hands.
But if Jesus compares saints to farmers, also to the soil where the crops must grow, also to branches and fruit-bearing trees, also to servants in charge of His wealth (and His Teachings hit all of these subjects)...
Then becoming His fruitful followers is vital during our tenure on earth.* Because earth is surely a testing ground. If we fail in the duties Christ assigned and illustrated in multiple ways, the fallout could be eternally bad.
Actors, models and talent for Christ: Please read and re-read the four Gospels. Carefully study Christ's Parables in regard to productivity and consider just a few key points:
1) Apart from Him, our fruit is missing or harmful for human consumption.**
2) As healthy fruit must come from good seed, godly fruit must come from God's Spirit.***
3) God's fruit is seen in good character, which yields life-enriching nourishment.
4) This nourishment results in good works, which are cross-culturally tasteful.
5) Producers and fans of media are in need of the fruit you can bring.
To Be Continued...
* Short article: What is the key to bearing fruit as a Christian?https://www.gotquestions.org/bearing-fruit.html
* Short article: What does it mean to be a fruitful Christian? https://www.gotquestions.org/fruitful-Christian.html
* Short article: Christian Fruit, https://bible.org/illustration/christian-fruit
** 'I am the Vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing' (John 15:5, NASB).
** 'Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God' (Galatians 5:19-21, NASB).
*** 'But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law' (Galatians 5:22-23, NASB).
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the Name Tags: You Are... series.