Name Tags: You Are... (Part 48)
Now the Parable is this: The Seed is the Word of God. Those by the wayside are the ones who hear; then the devil comes and takes away the Word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved. But the ones on the rock are those who, when they hear, receive the Word with joy; and these have no root, who believe for a while and in time of temptation fall away. Now the ones that fell among thorns are those who, when they have heard, go out and are choked with cares, riches, and pleasures of life, and bring no fruit to maturity. But the ones that fell on the good ground are those who, having heard the Word with a noble and good heart, keep It and bear fruit with patience.
You are God's field...
Christ's Story of people being like soil, the Word (Him) being planted in their hearts and what happens next--is crucial reading for all who profess faith in Christ as Lord.*
Because bearing fruit is our assignment. Because if we're not, our lives may get scorched. Because believing Christ is the just the start. Satan has lots of slithering tricks to keep us from our appointed duty.
In scouting talent for AMTC, I've seen the effects of this Parable in performers who auditioned for SHINE, got a callback and registered to come.
Here's what happened next on their rise to SHINE:
1) Group One: the seed that fell by the wayside. Within a few days, shy students would drop, maybe thinking: it's too good to be true.
2) Group Two: the seed that fell on stony ground. Pretty soon, shallow students would drop, too. They just weren't rooted to this cause of Christ.
3) Group Three: the seed that got choked by the world. Somewhere before SHINE, their lives got crowded. They felt bigger things were pressing on them.
4) Group Four: the seed that bore fruit with patience. Through difficulties, they rose and they shined. By result, they feed and lead others.
Actors, models and talent for Christ: You are the good soil. Stay in Group Four.
To Be Continued...
* The Parable of the Sower in three Gospels takes up more Bible geography than any other Parable. Surely It is important: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew13%3A1-23%2CMark4%3A1-20%2CLuke8%3A4-15&version=NKJV
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the Name Tags: You Are... series.