Name Tags: You Are... (Part 57)
Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.
Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)
Love is patient, love is kind.
1 Corinthians 13:4 (NASB)
Sow with a view to righteousness, reap in accordance with kindness; Break up your fallow ground, for it is time to seek the Lord.
Hosea 10:12 (NASB)
What does the Lord require of you but to do justice, to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?
Micah 6:8 (NASB)
To be kind is to be considerate. I believe kindness has no middle ground. We either consider others' feelings in hard circumstances--or we do not. If life is a test, take this kindness test:
1. A new guy or girl comes to school or work and appears uncomfortably awkward. Do you turn your back like everyone else--or make the first move to be welcoming?
2. A frazzled lady in a check-out line is trying to control two frisky kids. Do you ignore her since you're in a rush--or invite her to step ahead of you?
3. A lonely widow living on your block gets sick and and ends up in the hospital. Do you plan to see her, but soon forget--or make the time even though you're busy?
4. A forgetful server brings your food late and the order is completely messed up. Do you get mad and complain publicly--or do you smile and speak to her nicely?
5. A clearly troubled, hurt or sad stranger shows up in your path, train or waiting room. Do you pretend you don't see and pass by--or will you be the Good Samaritan?
Actors, models and talent for Christ: Kindness is in short supply today. When you act unexpectedly kind, expect surprisingly grateful stares. In this era of selfish frenzy, your kindness stands out like a lighthouse. It's a cross-cultural calling card, and it's appreciated everywhere.
To Be Continued...
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the Name Tags: You Are... series.