Friday, September 1st, 2017
Name Tags: You Are... (Part 64)
You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind...
Luke 10:27 (NKJV)
But He turned and said to Peter, 'Get behind Me, Satan! You are an offense to Me, for you are not mindful of the things of God, but the things of men.'
Matthew 16:23 (NKJV)
To be mindful is to be attentive, aware, careful, heedful and regardful. Certainly, we who believe in Jesus must keep Him at the forefront of our minds. We must love Him with everything we've got. Doing so is our utmost Commandment.
But the Next amplifies and proves the First: 'And the Second is like it: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' On these two Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets' (Matthew 22:39-40, NKJV).
Actors, models and talent for Christ: Wrap your mind around a few key points:
1) Being mindful of our Lord's Orders is one theme of the New Testament.* Our attention is mandatory and helps determine our destinies.
2) On this earth, the devil will not cease presenting his clever distractions. He studies your greatest temptations, like pride, fear, lust, greed or busyness.
3) When Judas took his mind off Jesus without repentance, his soul was lost. When Peter took his mind off Jesus and repented, the Lord strengthened Him.
4) Mindfulness of Christ requires practice. It's a habit I've yet to master. But I do repent and try again, as must you with utter diligence.
To Be Continued...
* The Parable of The Faithful Servant and the Evil Servant: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=mat24:45-51&version=NKJV
* More Verses about being mindful/watchful: https://www.openbible.info/topics/be_watchful
P.S. To read the other devotions in this series, please see the Name Tags: You Are... series.